Jul 6, 2012

MAC Heavenly Creatures Haul!

So as many of you makeup lovers know MAC's new collection, Heavenly Creatures graced MAC and department stores yesterday. The collection actually came out a whole week and a half early online but I wanted to be able to actually swatch and hand pick my items. Unfortunately for me, I won't be able to haul all the items I want until next week; but my amazing and loving boyfriend let me pick out 2 items and put them on his card!





 Not only do I feel likea truly lucky girl but I really appreciate him for doing this for me even though he can't wrap his head around my obsession LOL. So I decided the 2 things I should get should be things I really wanted and scared would sell out by next week. I am not a big fan of mineralized eyeshadows so those were a pass for me and since I felt like the lipsticks weren't the stars of the show I wasn't as worried about them selling out. The first dilemma I had was between the mineralized blushes, Supernova and Stratus. Supernova looked gorgeous in the pan and was one of the first things to sell out online. Stratus on the other hand was a beautiful mix of gold and burgundy and something totally different from the other blushes in my collection. I was also torn between the MSFs Center of the Universe and Earthshine. I read that some women, including some WOC, said it came off a little muddy on them. The color looked amazing on me though, and center of universe also looked amazing with the orange, bronze and gold swirls. I opted to do the smart thing and let the swatches decide! I ran to the MAC counter in my local Macys, ok maybe not ran but a grandma powerwalk, and swatched the crap out of this collection. I ended up waking away with Center of the universe and stratus, details of my choices next...




As you can see with all the pictures, I decided on Center of the Universe MSF and Stratus MB. The Mineralized Skinfinshes are $29 USD and the Mineralized Blushes are $23.50 USD. After looking at the collection in person I decided that I will go back and get Star Wonder MSF and Earthshine next week. I hope this helped you guys when looking at the collection. I will do FOTD and FOTN to show you guys how the products actually look when being used.

4 comments:

  1. oh gosh i love the way stratus looks but Im too broke to be buying so many stuff just because it looks pretty :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I made sure I could use each product in more than one way to get the most bang for my buck

      Delete
  2. p.s. i've been trying to follow your blog but i cant seem to find where to follow using blogspot lol sorry in advance if its obviously staring at my face lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem you can just click the +bloglovin girl on the left and they give you instructions from there

      Delete